Be A Volunteer
In the words of AARP founder Ethel Percy Andrus, "Seniors wish to serve, not to be served." Volunteerism promotes independence, friendships, partnerships, personal dignity and a sense of accomplishment. The need to maintain a positive sense of self keeps seniors volunteering:
- Increasing physical activity levels traveling to and from their place of service
- Participating in social engagement, i.e., talking to staff and other volunteers
- Receiving cognitive stimulation by tutoring or preparing for future events.
RSVP of the Capital Region is seeing an increase in the number of people age 55 to nearly retirement age who are still working but are fitting the life cycle profile of Learn, Earn, Return. These baby boomers, as a group, are more human welfare-minded than ever before in history.
Benefits of a free RSVP membership include:
- Meeting new friends and neighbors in your community
- An annual volunteer recognition celebration
- Transportation supports for low-income volunteers 55 and over if needed in order to volunteer
- Free supplemental automobile, liability and accident insurance
- Improved chance of good health, personal happiness and well-being
There's a perfect RSVP volunteer opportunity for everyone!
We serve Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, and York Counties!
Call us today & schedule a time to talk to the Volunteer Coordinator serving your county (717) 541-9521 or (800) 870-2616.
Or complete an Enrollment Form (click here to download) and return it to our office by mail, fax or email (if you have the means to scan it).