In the words of AARP founder Ethel Percy Andrus, “Seniors wish to serve, not to be served.”
It is proven that volunteerism promotes independence, friendships, partnerships, personal dignity and a sense of accomplishment. Our senior volunteers recognize the need to maintain a positive sense of self. Their continued service helps to:
- Increase physical activity levels by traveling to and from their place of service
- Participate in social engagement by talking to staff and other volunteers
- Receive cognitive stimulation by tutoring or preparing for future events
RSVP of the Capital Region is seeing an increase in the number of people age 55 to nearly retirement age who are still working but are fitting the life cycle profile of Learn, Earn, Return. These baby boomers, as a group, are more human welfare-minded than ever before in history.
Benefits of a free RSVP membership include:
- Meeting new friends and neighbors in your community
- An annual volunteer recognition celebration
- Transportation support for low-income volunteers 55 and over if needed in order to volunteer
- Free supplemental automobile, liability and accident insurance (click here to download information sheet)
- Improved chance of good health, personal happiness and well-being
There’s a perfect RSVP volunteer opportunity for everyone!
We serve Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, and York Counties!
Call us today & schedule a time to talk to the Volunteer Coordinator serving your county 717-541-9521 or 800-870-2616.
Or complete an Enrollment Form (click here to download) and return it to our office by mail, fax or email.