RSVP of the Capital Region can assist the following types of organizations in finding the perfect volunteer(s)!
- Registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations
- Government Agencies
- Churches (some exclusions apply)
- Proprietary Health Care Facilities (some exclusions apply)
To utilize RSVP Volunteers, you need to become a Station… so, you might ask: What is a Station? Station is a term we use to refer to any organization that has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MU) with RSVP to provide volunteers to fill their identified needs. RSVP of the Capital Region currently has MU with over 100 organizations in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, and York Counties.
If your non-profit is interested in becoming an RSVP Station, please download, print and complete the Memorandum of Understanding, and then return it to us by mail, fax or a scanned copy via e-mail. We also encourage you to contact us directly by phone/e-mail so we know to expect your signed MU and can start working with you on the next step to receiving great RSVP volunteers!
- To provide safe working conditions for RSVP volunteers.
- To provide orientation and training.
- To collect and submit volunteers' hours.
- Not to displace a paid worker with a volunteer.
- To assist when possible with transportation arrangements.
- To provide meals to volunteers at no cost, when possible.
- To recognize the achievement of volunteers & identify them as RSVP volunteers.